Maumee Watershed District United Methodist Men Resources
Share resources and information from United Methodist Men (UMM) across the Maume Watershed District! Find out what other UMM groups are doing, search the upcoming district UMM events, share your events, and exchange information to increase awareness about supporting our missions.
Order a UMM T-shirt customized to your church! Learn more on the flyer attached below. Starts at only $12.
MWD UMM Missions:
Pill Bottle Donations
Clean out your medicine cabinet and donate any empty pill bottles you no longer need! Matthew 25 Missionaries, a nationwide program based in Cincinnati, will reuse these bottles for two reasons: to deliver healthcare items in developing countries and to recycle for cash used to further Mathew 25 Ministries programs. This program fulfills the dual need of improving medical care in developing countries while also reducing plastics from landfills and caring for our environment. Please remove any personal labels for privacy considerations.
Acceptable collection items include:
Prescription and over-the-counter pill bottles
Large and small pill bottles
Pill bottles with and without secure caps (child resistant)
9016 County Road P
Napoleon, Ohio 1st and 3rd Thursday 12-4pm
204 N. Wayne St.
Fremont, Ohio 4th Wed. 10am-noon
Stony Ridge UMC
5542 Fremont Pike (US20)
Stony Ridge, Ohio 2nd and 4th Wed 2pm-6pm
Find more information on how to prepare your bottles for shipment, here!
Meals for Millions & The Hunger Relief Program:
The General Commission of United Methodist Men has joined with the Society of St. Andrew and the National Association of Conference Presidents to establish the Hunger Relief Advocate Initiative. This joint effort, (the HRA Initiative) has a goal of engaging the United Methodist Church with the underprivileged using Hunger Relief Advocates. United Methodist Men provide leadership to this initiative using part-time HRA’s in every state in conjunction with volunteers from district and local UMMen groups. Find more information about this initiative, here.
Society of St. Andrew's Executive Director's Report is attached below!
We are looking to collect Christian reading materials you aren’t using anymore! This ministry is aimed at putting Christian literature and bibles into the hands of people around the world. We send them to ministries in poor countries who distribute them to people hungry for the Word of God. These materials that otherwise would have sat collecting dust on shelves or been thrown away is now being used to reach souls for Christ. If you have any of the materials listed below, contact MWD UMM President, edw_denny [at] yahoo.com (Denny Walker). We will be using our potato gleaning truck to collect these materials in early September.
- Bibles (new or used): All, New testaments, Bible portions, individual gospel booklets
- Tracts: All
- Reference Books & Commentaries: dictionaries, bible dictionaries, concordances, commentaries, etc.
- Books & Paperbacks: All Christian books, adult or children, fiction or non-fiction.
- Magazines: Any magazine from a Christian publisher.
- Sunday School Supplies: Adult quarterlies and all teacher manuals in any amount from all publishers. Please only send children’s quarterlies if you have the teacher’s manual.
- Daily Devotionals: Upper Room, Daily Bread, In Touch, etc.
- CD’s, DVD’s, BluRay’s: music, movies, teaching from well-known speakers (Billy Graham, Swindoll, etc.)
- Puppets, Noah’s Ark, Bible games, Nativity sets, Biblical puzzles, etc.: most anything that presents gospel to children.
- We no longer take: VHS, Tapes, Records,8-tracks, crafts, handiwork, busy work papers.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen: Not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else."