Children’s Ministry Director-part time
Delta United Methodist Church
email: deltaumc [at] gmail.com
Objective: The CMD will provide a nurturing environment in which the children will learn what it is to “be the Church” by connecting, growing and serving in the Delta community and beyond.
Responsible to: The Pastor of Delta UMC
- Profess Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior
- 1 to 2 years children’s ministry experience
- Competent in Biblical teachings
- Competent to be a listening presence for children and families
- Computer literacy
- Availability to only miss 4 Sundays and 4 Wednesdays per year
- Competent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work with children and families
- Ability to plan organize, lead and guide complex projects in a timely manner
- Ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality of the children and families; including any form of social media.
- Attend worship on a weekly basis
- Approximately 15 hours per week
- Ability to handle conflict with respect to Ephesians 4:25, 26 “Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.
- Strong prayer life
Principle Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and lead all ministry involving children, pre-kindergarten through 5th grade (including both Sunday morning “Kid’s Church” as well as Wednesday night “Kids Zone”)
- Work with the Youth Minister to develop quarterly and/or more family activities per year
- Secure and implement curriculum for all children’s ministry
- Develop and maintain volunteers for all children’s ministry
- Plan summer activities for children, such as VBS and/or summer camp
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Delta UMC Safe Sanctuary policy booklet. Work with the Superintendent of Bible Study to conduct yearly SS trainings.
- Develop through listening in prayer a process of growing the children’s ministry and then implement that ministry
- Assist on a weekly basis with the Free Kids Summer Lunch Program (June-August)
- Perform additional duties as needed and as determined with the pastor
- Maintain and adhere to an annual budget
- Be involved in a small group (if available)
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Develop an annual budget
- Create a monthly article for the newsletter
- Maintain a social media presence for Delta UMC Children’s Ministry
- Participate in the life of the church and the larger community
Records and Materials:
The employee agrees that all materials, resources and computer programs purchased by the employer as well as all records, print or electronic data, pertaining to the work of Delta UMC Children’s Ministry are property of Delta UMC.
The employee agrees that all equipment, credit cards, etc. provided by the United Methodist Church of Delta remains property of the Church.
Salary Grade & Vacation Time:
As recommended by the SPRC and that this position is a part-time salaried position.
The position does require that only 4 Sundays a year can be missed and only 4 Wednesdays during the school year can be missed.