Position Description: Youth Ministries Coordinator
Status: Part-time, 10 hours per week
Salary: $13.50 per hour
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
Mission Statement: To make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Vision Statement: Church of St. Andrew…GET CONNECTED! Connect to Christ, church, and community.
- Has a God Purpose
- Opportunity to Serve
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Church of St. Andrew UM including a lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
- Practices healthy relational boundaries and fiscal integrity.
- Love youth where they are, encourage youth in developing their relationship with Jesus, provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth, and challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and the world.
- Build a Youth Ministry team to ensure that youth and their families are considered and included within the life of the congregation and have many opportunities to increase their knowledge of the Lord, further deepening their relationship with Jesus, and growing in faith as Christian disciples.
- Plan and coordinate weekly youth group for junior and senior high and encourage youth involvement in the overall life of the church
- Find ways to integrate youth on Sunday Morning Worship
- Select, implement, and evaluate curriculum
- Meet monthly with Pastor, and quarterly with SPRC, for guidance and accountability
- Know and abide by Safe Sanctuary Policy
- Raise up and equip new leaders, and recruit and deploy lay servants for youth ministry in relation to their God-given gifts and calling
- Organize and implement special events and develop new ministry opportunities for youth to grow and fellowship together
- Communicate regularly with the youth, servant leaders, parents and the overall church family
- Coordinate annual youth mission trip, including all fundraising
- Be fiscally responsible; working within the allotted budget and using congregational resources
- Satisfactory criminal and financial background check
- Valid license and insurance
- Minimal requirement of a high school diploma, college degree or equivalent life experience preferred
- Educational background in Christian education, youth or family studies, or related field preferred
All interested persons may email rev.bensman [at] gmail.com (Pastor Bensman) with your contact info, resume and the best time to call.