Announcing our Fall 2017 Lay Servant Training. It will take place on October 6-7 at Camp Widewater. Registration is now open! The courses offered this year are:
- Basic Lay Servant Ministry (An introduction): This course is foundational for all courses in Lay Servant Ministries. Participants are encouraged to discover and employ personal spiritual gifts as God intended and to consider the importance of exercising servant leadership, developing future leaders, remaining rooted in consistent spiritual practices, and being part of a group that holds members accountable in their discipleship. Register Here!
- Called to Preach: This course is designed for those who have not completed formal preaching training, for pastors seeking a basic refresher course, and for others who are called upon to preach in a pastor’s absence. The tentative date for the followup preaching is Saturday, October 21 at the District Office. Register Here!
- Leading Bible study: This course opens a new world for many lay servants who have not had professional training in biblical interpretation. It reminds us as United Methodists that Bible study and biblical interpretation are a core part of our spiritual journey. Register Here!
- Leading in Prayer: For many people, prayer remains a mystery, and praying in public is a test of faith left to the “professionals” of the church. This course on praying in public will help the participant grow in confidence and skill in prayer, both public and personal. Register Here!
- Leading in Worship: This course focuses on the ministry of the Lay Servant who either regularly or occasionally leads a group or congregation in worship. Register Here!